Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers Day and Blessings

    This Fathers day is a little extra special this year. Though our little bouncing bundle of joy won't be here for another 5 months, it's nice knowing that we will be parents THIS YEAR! Michael is especially excited to be a daddy. He is constantly telling me that whether we have a little boy that he teaches to throw a ball or a little girl that he has tea parties with every day, he doesn't care. He looks forward to spending precious moments with our little one and teaching them the things that he or she needs to know. He will be an incredible daddy at that. He loves children and is very good with them. He is patient, kind, fun, loving, and very child like himself! He talks about cuddling with the little one on his chest. He likes that we can go to a restaurant and we will be able to say Browns party of 3! We are constantly thinking of the every day errands and chores that we will have to do with baby B in our mists. Most of all I can not wait to see our first born in my husbands arms for the first time. That is the moment I am waiting for the very most.
     My dad actually talks a lot about what it was like when I was born and how he felt. He has shard his thoughts and feelings about the day he became a dad and I cherish each and every word. He is an incredibly sensitive, loving, and incredible man. He has taught me more than I could spend in a lifetime explaining. He is that daddy that my Father in Heaven knew that I needed. I hope that Michael writes down how he felt and his experiences of that day for when our first born is older. These little talks I had with my dad is what I cherished the most. 
   On this note, my heart it full today. I can not but help and think about all the little but significant blessings that are in my life. I love the beauty of the earth and the way that the Colorado scenery makes me feel. The colors and the majesties of the mountains takes my breath away each day. How thankful I am for the relationships in my life. From those who simply put a smile on my face, to my best friends who are always there for me in good times and in bad. Those friends who let me vent and then find ways to life me back up when I am down is what makes a difference in my every day life; I often think of them all as my sisters. Then to my family who cares to love me in the simple ways by service and simple acts of love. Ending with my sweet husband who loves me unconditionally, forever, and always. He is my best friend, my confidant, my comic relief, the love of my life, and the father of baby B that is growing inside of me. How lucky I am for the little things in my life!

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL THOSE FATHER FIGURES IN MY LIFE!
Today was a great day!

1 comment:

The Currs said...

Awe - you two will be the BEST parents. Loved this post :) Miss you!