Sunday, May 15, 2011

Catch Up...

Once again I am playing catch up. The good thing is we got our computer fixed so I should be back on a regular basis! I am not going to say much about the last 4 months because to be honest, not too much has happened!


- Basketball ended in February. Mike loved coaching the boys and he even got to coach a varsity game! He also looked so dashing on the bench and was a great advocate to the boys :)
- Our good friends Alan, Lexi, and their little Lindy surprised us and came out in February for 10 days! We had such a blast and enjoyed having them here! We played lots of games, visited, and just relaxed! It was good to spend some good quality time with them!

- Mike got a job at the Hampton Inn that I helped open back in 2006! It is very close to my parents and  is a great place to work; it has been such a small yet great blessing. He started out part time and was able to move up to part time a few weeks ago which was another great blessing!

- Mike and I made a 11 hour one way visit to Utah for Grandpa Brown's surprise birthday party! We were unfortunately there only about 36 hours but it was so good to see mom and dad Brown, Michelle and the kids, as well as Mikes grandparents and extended family.

- As a family home evening activity we went to a Rockies game and had a BLAST! It was a lot more fun then I anticipated! We ate lots of baseball treats, sang, and Mike got a very nice Rockies jacket! It was something we will for sure do again soon!

- Every year our stake and a few other surrounding stakes puts on a Easter Cantada musical program on Easter weekend. My mom has played the piano for it for the past 11 years and she just loves it! A lady by the name of Sally Deford writes these AMAZING programs (as well as a lot of other music for the LDS church) that are all about Christ and his life. She has an amazing gift for music! Well this year Mike, Logan, Landon, and Madison, and I all had the opportunity to participate and sing in this beautiful program. There were about 140 in the choir and we had about 6 musical instruments. What a blessing that was!

- The best news yet?! Well we are moving into our own place! We are so excited! We are thrilled that we have the opportunity to stay here in the Springs, we will just be moving about 15 minutes south of where my family lives into an apartment complex. It has been a huge blessing that my parents have let us stay with them over the past year and we will never be able to completely repay them for all that they have given us. We have had a great time and are glad that we will still be close to them! I have been joking that it will be like getting married all over again because all of our stuff has been in storage for the past year so it will be so fun to get all of our stuff back out!

Lastly I have to say how blessed I am. When life gets hard you really notice the little things that you take for granted every day. I am so blessed to have a family who loves me and my husband so much that they have shared their home with us over the past year. I have a marriage that is stronger than ever and a husband who loves me and shows me his love each and every day. He does more for and with me than I think most husbands do with their wives. I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and hears my prayers each and every day. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Later days Saints and that in and of itself gives me a reason each and every day to put a smith on my face. I am thankful for the stunning and beautiful scenery that surrounds me each and every day. Yes. There is a lot to be thankful for and each day there is something new!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you're back and hope your blogging gets more frequent! I love keeping up with you and your fun-filled life!! xoxo!