Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crafts, Vegas, and everything inbetween!

So I have been a craft maniac lately! I have been having a ton of fun with my sewing machine and finding any projects that I can make! A good friend from work, Mari, said that she would teach me how to make a rag quilt and I was so surprised how easy it was! The blanket is not for anyone in particular. I decided to keep it because it was my first blanket and it is so stinkin cute! The skirt is made out of an old pair of jeans and I am quite pleased with it (I was watching TV one day and someone was demonstrating how to making a jean skirt so I wrote down the directions and thought I would try it)! They were both supper easy and so much fun to make!





Dr. Swenson decided to take the office to Las Vegas for this big dental conference/convention. We were not going to have a lot of down time so we all decided to go down early so we could play a little bit! We stayed off the strip at a huge hotel called South Pointe and I totally recommend it (It is just south of the strip a few miles)! It was very nice! So we left Wednesday morning and go in mid afternoon time. So we took our time having dinner and then we rode 2 of the rides on top of the Stratosphere and that was a blast! Then we went and checked out the hot tub which was huge and the perfect temp! Thursday we did some shopping on the strip and just relaxed. The Conference started that night and we were in class from 6-9! Friday and Saturday was the same story but different times! Class from 8am-6pm with an hour lunch and 2 little breaks and then Sunday morning 8-12! It was a good conference and we learned a TON it was just hard to sit there and listen for that long! But I must say that they fed us very good and you know it was not cheep food either! They even had snacks for us during the breaks!
Friday night Dr. Swenson took us to the Cheesecake Factory and then we walked the strip a little bit and watched the fountains at the Bellagio! After the show, this kinda creepy magician asked us if he could show us a few magic tricks. Lets just say that all the girls grabbed there purses closer to them lol. And actually he was pretty good! I have now seen a street magic show! Then Saturday night after classes, a few of us went and rode the roller coaster at New York New York and went to a little diner for dinner! It was a good and relaxing night so therefore we spent about an hour and a half at the hot tub! It was all a lot of fun! Other than that everything is about the same... liven life and loving every moment! :)

No comments: